Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Missing Drop

Our month in Ethiopia was a most incredible experience. There is much to write about....

In the meantime, I reflect on a quotation that inspired me so much.
It was on the wall of one particular Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity facility in ASCO which cares for orphan children. Many of which have HIV in Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia.

I understand there are some 400 children at this particular centre. As one of the Sisters was showing us the facility and introducing us to some of the children, we passed the following quotation on the wall accompanied by a photograph of Mother Teresa.
It simply jumped out at me and spoke to my heart.

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.

But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

M O T H E R T E R E S A

No comments: